Friday, March 5, 2010

Are you smarter than your cat?

That is the question I asked myself as I watched Carla and her new best friend play together this morning. I am quite thankful that Carla and Willie have become fast friends. He used to flee from her in terror, searching for any dark place where he could hide from her. But now, something marvelous has happened - they seem to be entertained by the same things, like, as you'll see in this video, playing with a piece of string for seemingly hours on end. That made me wonder if Carla and Willie's new found affection for each other is based on their sharing similar levels of mental acuity. Oh, one day soon Carla will surpass Willie, leaving his pea-sized intellect in the recesses of her subconscious, but today, it is fun to see them enjoy each other's company.

No comments: