Sunday, December 2, 2007

Children are a Blessing

Along with the week 10 pictures of Carla, I thought I'd comment on a truth that struck me especially hard this week. Children are a blessing from the Lord. It seems that often when I am out with Carla, an elderly person will remind me of this truth. With each passing day, their words ring truer than the day before. Of all the blessings God has bestowed, His greatest is salvation through His Son. But, as James 1:17 says, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow." God is gracious and He gives good things to us here on earth. Of those physical blessings, I think marriage and children are the greatest gifts. I am so thankful to Him for both.














We watched a movie this weekend called 'Children of Men.' The movie was a dissapointment but it did make me think. While it 's premise of the world ending because of infertility is Biblically uniformed, it did make me think about the value of children. Children are not saviors of mankind; they do not make us pure. Rather, they ought to make us look upward with gratitude to the Father of lights for blessing us with them. It has made me hold Carla a little tighter this week. Enjoy the new pictures.






























No comments: